top of page

Farsi Linguist 109-009


See a complete list of our open positions

Apply at the Bottom of the Page

IC-CAP LLC is a Woman Owned / HUBZone Small Business working in the Department of Defense and Intelligence Community.  We are always looking for highly talented, energetic, and dynamic professionals that are interested in protecting the defense of our nation.  

Some of the positions are future positions.  Please look at the opening line of the job description to determine if this is an open or future position.


Our positions are not remote unless stated in the job description below.

We are looking to fill this position at the following location(s):

    Bethesda, MD

Job Description

Farsi Linguist:

IC-CAP is looking for Arabic (Farsi) Linguist to work with our Arabic Language Triage team. You will work as a member of the team to conduct exploitation/analysis using intelligence and information from multiple data sources to assess, interpret, forecast, and explain a range of national security issues and developments that are regional or functional in nature. Provides all-source exploitation support to collections, operations, investigations, and other defense intelligence requirements.

This includes:

  • Performs the examination of digital data and documents for content using the NMEC Exploitation System.

  • Identifies files and document of intelligence value in accordance with customer’s requirements and standing SOPs and provides files for analysis by Language Exploitation Operations analysts.

  • Produces a serialized report of their findings disseminated to customers and analysts and liaison officers at NMEC.

  • Ensures that prior to dissemination of their report, triage analysts notify government supervisors and liaison officers and analysts of significant findings.

  • Coordinates with quality control triage analyst(s) responsible for verifying the accuracy, quality, and uniformity of triage reports.


  • The Triage Team shall include experienced LAs who possess the requisite language skills, analytical skills, and computer systems/digital media aptitude.  For optimal mission results, the Triage Team should consist of a mix of both native speakers of the foreign language and DLI (or other language school) trained personnel.  The ideal combination of Triage Examiners/Analysts will be a balanced mix of personnel to include approximately 40-60% native level English speakers with intelligence, military, or equivalent work experience and be fully functional Language Analysts, scoring 3/3 in reading and listening in a foreign language on the ILR scale. The remainder (60-40% approximately) of triage Language Analysts shall be native-speakers of a foreign language with a proficiency of 3+ on the ILR scale for reading and listening.  All must have English with general professional proficiency or higher proficiency (3+) on the ILR Scale for reading and listening.

Education and Experience:

  • Junior-Level B.A./B.S. or four (4) years of direct experience in the specific labor category.

  • Mid-Level Three (3) years of experience relevant to the specific labor category with at least a portion of the experience within the last two (2) years and either a bachelor’s degree or an additional four (4) years of direct experience, for a total of seven (7) years of experience in the specific labor category may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.

Security Clearance:

  • DoD Approved Clearance and Poly

You are applying for the position of 
Farsi Linguist 109-009
Upload Your Resume
bottom of page