Functional Specialist Advisor Records & Information Management SME
IC-CAP LLC is a Woman Owned / HUBZone Small Business working in the Department of Defense and Intelligence Community. We are always looking for highly talented, energetic, and dynamic professionals that are interested in protecting the defense of our nation.
Some of the positions are future positions. Please look at the opening line of the job description to determine if this is an open or future position.
We are looking to fill this position at the following location(s):
- Springfield, VA
This position is part-time at 1116 hours/year. Approx. 20 hours per week.
Functional Specialist Advisor Records & Information Management SME:
Overall Assignment Description:
Apply experience in NGA records & information management concepts, principles, and practices to analyze and resolve difficult and complex issues as they relate to records management and information governance.
1. Maintain knowledge of, & interpret all Federal, DoD, & NGA records & information management policies & compliance requirements:
Records & information management business processes & best practices
Records & information management training & awareness
Records storage facility requirements
NGA records retention policy & guidance
2. Maintain & update the NGA Electronic Records Management (ERM) Implementation Plan.
3. Participate in, IC, Government & industry forums to identify and address issues in the management of electronic records.
4. Develop requirements and plans for electronic recordkeeping systems and related business processes to include technology evaluations and cost analysis.
5. Guide the implementation of electronic recordkeeping systems in accordance with established plans.
6. Coordinate with various IT planning, design, development and sustainment activities to:
Interpret and apply records management requirements to NGA systems and data
Establish procedures for the identification, capture, & transfer of electronic records to management for disposition & transfer to National Archives and Records Administration (NARA).
7. Coordinate NARA Records Management inspections, NGA’s response, and develop interim solutions to recommendations and issues.
8. Provide specific expertise to define and execute the Project Plan to address recommendations of the 2010, and 2012 NARA Records Inspections and:
Define the approach for the accounting of past products not transferred to NARA
Assemble list of past product editions to include: Capture and transfer of scanned images from the integrated Library system. Capture and transfer of electronic versions of files from web-based hosting capabilities Capture and transfer of electronic versions published on optical media or maintained on office “shared drives”.
9. Plan & facilitate NARA Electronic Records Inspections.
Identify products and systems to be inspected
Coordinate with NARA inspection team on scope, schedule, and inspection participants
Coordinate with systems owners and developers for planning and performance of the inspection.
10. Design and coordinate implementation of near-term solutions to issues expected to be raised by the future NARA inspection of NGA management of electronic records.
Define retirement and transfer processes for “native” electronic records created within mission area expected to be within scope of the inspection
Identify, capture, and transfer past electronic editions of products within scope of the electronic records inspection.
11. Work with personnel at all levels of the agency to continuously evolve NGA retention policy
12. Prepare and deliver briefings, white papers, and other communications on records management concerns to internal and external customers, as needed.
Skills and Experience:
Shall have minimum 20 years’ experience in records and information management with a minimum 5 years or more in “hands-on” systems architecture, design, development, testing, implementation, and sustainment, including the development of Enterprise Content Management capabilities.
Shall have a Graduate Degree or equivalent experience in the related field as defined in base SOW paragraph 3.1.
Shall have demonstrated experience in business process design and re-engineering.
Shall have demonstrated experience in Federal or corporate recordkeeping compliance, processes and procedures.
Demonstrated experience with Records Disposition Schedule; including its application across the intelligence community and coordination of policy changes through the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA).
Demonstrated experience interpreting and implementing information management related policies including DOD 5015.2-STD requirements for recordkeeping systems.
Possess a PhD or Doctorate degree in a business, computer science, engineering, software engineering, information technology, mathematics, or a scientific field.
Demonstrated experience in technical project and program management and possess Project Management Professional certification.
Shall have demonstrated experience in corporate recordkeeping compliance, processes and procedures.